As I wrap up my presidency for 2020, the word Abundance is on my mind and in my heart. I am abundantly grateful for:
· every one of you who has chosen coaching as a profession and makes ICF MN a great organization.
· the opportunity to serve you this past year as president.
· Deb Johnson, the incoming 2020 president. Deb has been an amazing partner.
· the board that worked so hard to deliver outstanding results this year.
· the Gaston Award Recipients that are helping to create updated criteria for the Gaston Award and prompted additional awards that you will see next year.
· my coach Elaine Gaston for her support these past two years. You are an incredible inspiration!
· new friends and colleagues I have met through belonging to ICF MN and serving on the board.
2019 brought many wins. Here are a few highlights;
· Our membership has grown by 20% this year to 145 (goal is 150 by the end of Dec!).
· We partnered with St. Thomas University on Executive Coaching and the Prism Award. This year we started an organization coaching Mastermind group with many companies including ones that had not participated with ICF MN in the past. This partnership with St. Thomas yielded 25% of our new members.
· Our spending and revenue are now in line and we are operating in the black- a sign of a healthy organization.
· We created an ethnicity, diversity and inclusion focus through the Mirror Team. We are focused on mirroring what society looks like and mirroring back equity and inclusivity. We added multicultural into our mission statement.
· Many others wins including a new format for the Catalyst, our newsletter, improved recruiting and onboarding of our board members, improvements in welcoming new members, the membership and board surveys, etc.
Finally, as promised I have recapped the 12 sessions I attended at ICF Converge 2019 in Prague. You can access them here. If you have any questions or want to discuss any of these recaps, please email or call me. I would encourage all of you to attend the next Converge in 2021. Details will be forthcoming on the ICF website soon. Spending 3 days with over 200 coaches from 70 countries was truly life changing!
Finally, I encourage you all to join your fellow coaches in Milwaukee Wisconsin next year for the ICF Midwest Conference.
It is September 30th - October 2nd, of 2020. Registration will be open on December 15, 2019.